We were excited to welcome 286 students to Hadley School this year! This included 57 new kindergarten students and 18 new students in Grades 1-4. The children have been doing a great job of learning their classroom routines, staying focused on their work, and making new friends!
We are very pleased to have eight new staff members at Hadley School this year:
- Julie Coleman - literacy tutor
- Megan Crowe - kindergarten teacher
- Dorina Helferich - kindergarten teacher
- Kristel Clark Hosic - ELL teacher
- Leroy Lowry - evening custodian
- Jennifer Miller - school nurse
- Kathy Moschella - ABA tutor
- Rebecca Vockley - third grade teacher
I want to extend a heartfelt thank you to our custodians Mike Carberry, Leroy Lowry, and Melvin Reyes for all they did to clean, repair, and beautify the building and grounds over the summer and to Janell Cameron for coordinating so many logistics from the main office for a smooth start to the school year!
We enjoyed seeing many parents at Curriculum Night and our first PTA meeting of the year on September 6. Our Parent Coffee on September 15 was well attended. Another Parent Coffee will be scheduled for an evening this fall, and I look forward to meeting with more parents and guardians then.
The PTA has planned a number of fall events, so please mark your calendars:
- The Book Fair is being held from October 11-13. On Wednesday, October 11, the Book Fair will open in the evening from 6:00 - 7:30 p.m., and I'll be reading stories in the library.
- Halloween Spooktacular - Friday, October 27, from 6:00-8:00 p.m. at the high school cafeteria. There will be dancing, crafts, a costume contest, food, and lots of fun!
- Turkey Trot - Saturday, November 18, from 9:00 a.m.-12:00 p.m. at the high school indoor track. Attending this event is a great way to promote fitness and raise money for the Hadley School PTA. Students really enjoy cheering on their classmates!